Today, the menu includes soup recipes from the Mediterranean diet. Very tasty and useful at the same time! What could be healthier than a century-old diet? Of course, we tried to choose such recipes for the Mediterranean diet, which are prepared quickly and easily.
We have already written that for centuries the Mediterranean diet is considered one of the healthiest and most popular ways to eat many healthy and delicious foods.
Thanks to the foods included in the Mediterranean diet, those who follow this diet are considered to be centuries old. These are generally vegetables, fruits, whole grains, beans, nuts, seeds, fish, seafood and foods rich in olive oil.
The first course of the Mediterranean diet usually includes beans, legumes, herbs and many vegetables. Another common theme is that the broth is flavored with leaking olive oil and herbs, rather than things like heavy cream and butter. It is healthier and easier on the stomach. Some soups still have a creamy texture, but are praised with eggs and lemon sauce instead of heavy cream.
Mediterranean white bean and orange soup
- 4 large carrots cut into thin slices;
- 5 celery stalks cut into thin slices;
- 1 large onion cut into thin slices;
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil;
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf;
- 3 slices orange (skin and cellulose);
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cans of canned white beans
- 2 glasses of water.
- Saute carrots, celery and onions in olive oil over medium heat until soft. Add oregano and bay leaf.
- Add orange wedges and tomato paste. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add beans - 2 cans of liquid, without 2 boxes.
- Then add 2 cups of water and boil for 30-40 minutes until the soup thickens.
Mediterranean soup with pumpkin and basil
- 2 tablespoons butter;
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Chop 3-4 cloves garlic;
- Peeled and chopped 4 medium zucchini or squash;
- 3 glasses of chicken broth
- 1 lemon peel;
- ½ cup chopped basil
- sea salt and pepper to taste;
- basil leaves for decoration;
- lemon slices, grated parmesan cheese, a spoonful of sour cream or yogurt if desired.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and stir for about 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add the garlic and stir for a minute or two, stirring frequently.
- Add zucchini or squash and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the chicken broth and lemon zest, bring to a boil and quickly reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until the zucchini are tender.
- Add basil and mix.
- Beat the soup well with a blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot or chilled with any additional spices you want.
Mediterranean fish soup
- 1 onion, chopped;
- ½ chopped green bell pepper;
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped;
- Drain 1 box (420 ml) of chopped tomatoes in their own juices;
- 830 ml of chicken broth;
- 1 box of tomato sauce;
- 70 g of canned mushrooms;
- ¼ cup chopped black olives
- ½ a glass of orange juice;
- ½ a glass of dry white wine;
- 2 bay leaves;
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon of dill seeds, crushed;
- ⅛ a teaspoon of ground black pepper;
- 500 g medium shrimp, peeled;
- 450 g cod fillet, cut into cubes.
- Put onion, green bell pepper, garlic, tomato, chicken stock, tomato sauce, mushrooms, olives, orange juice, wine, bay leaf, dried basil, dill seeds and pepper in a pot.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the vegetables are soft (at least an hour).
- Add the shrimp and cod and cook for another 15-30 minutes or until the shrimp are cloudy.
- Remove the bay leaf from the soup and enjoy.
Mediterranean soup with cauliflower
- 2 medium cauliflower heads, remove the blooms;
- olive oil for cooking cabbage;
- ¼ a glass of olive oil;
- 1 large onion, chopped;
- 4 cloves garlic, chop;
- 6 glasses of water;
- salt and black pepper to taste.
- Place the cauliflower in a large bowl of slightly salted water and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Strain well and place a layer of thick aluminum foil in a baking dish. Cover the cauliflower evenly with olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and cook until cabbage is golden brown (20-30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large soup bowl and stir in the onions until translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add garlic and cooked cauliflower.
- Add water, salt and black pepper and cook for about 30 minutes until all the vegetables are soft.
- Whisk the soup in a saucepan from a blender until creamy and flavorful.